American Regent, Inc. Custodian - 3:00pm-11:30pm in Shirley, New York
The pay rate for this position will include a 10% night shift differential.
American Regent, Inc, a Daiichi Sankyo Group Company, develops, manufactures, and supplies high quality sterile injectables for healthcare providers, clinics and hospitals across the United States and Canada. We have locations in New York, Ohio, and Pennsylvania and sales territories nationwide.
Nature and Scope
A Custodian has the primary responsibility of cleaning the facility and grounds in such a way as to promote a healthy and safe environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Performs all types of cleaning throughout the building. Cleans, disinfects and restores bathrooms.
* Buffs and mops floors, sweep, dust, mop, clean glass and vacuum floors.
* Uses various floor care machines.
* Stocks bathrooms and cafeterias with appropriate supplies.
* Removes garbage and cardboard.
* Transports lab waste.
* Prepares and uses various types of cleaning agents.
* Operates compacting equipment.
* Performs miscellaneous outdoor cleaning chores, such as grounds keeping and snow removal.
* We all must embrace the QUALITY culture.
* Perform any other tasks/duties as assigned by management.
Education Requirements and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
* High school diploma or equivalent. Vocational or trade school certification accepted.
* Ability to work overtime as needed.
* Ability to work independently.
Physical Environment and Requirements
* Employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Ability to transport 55 gallon drums through the facility.
##Job Category: Manufacturing/Production/Operations##
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.