Wheelabrator Technologies Front Load Driver $3,500 Sign On Bonus in Somers, New York
Built on the principle that sustainable waste management is an integral part of our environmental and economic infrastructure, Wheelabrator Technologies is a vertically-integrated waste management company committed to delivering essential waste management solutions to the customers and communities we serve. Wheelabrator Technologies owns or operates 43 strategically located assets in the U.S. and the U.K. including our Tunnel Hill Partners and City Carting & Recycling locations.
Wheelabrator is owned by Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, a business within the Macquarie Asset Management division of Macquarie Group and a global alternative asset manager focused on real estate, infrastructure, agriculture and energy assets. For more on Wheelabrator, please visit www.wtienergy.com or www.tunnelhillpartners.com or www.citycarting.net.
A Front Load Driver is responsible for safely operating a collection truck, and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers. A Front Load Driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company's safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate his or her heavy truck along his or her designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body (where appropriate) on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, and other reports, as required. Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Two years of prior experience driving commercial trucks preferred.
- Class B or higher Commercial Driver's license
At Wheelabrator Technologies every employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
WHEELABRATOR TECHNOLOGIES INC.