Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation LPN (Part-time Nights) in Spencerport, New York
Wedgewood Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, a 29 bed skilled nursing facility located in the heart of the Spencerport community is currently seeking an experienced LPN for part-time (24 hours) overnights (11pm-7am). This position would involve working every other weekend as well.
The ideal candidate will provide direct nursing care to the residents and to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities performed by the certified nursing assistants (CNA's). Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility and as may be required by the Director of Nursing or Nurse Manager to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in NYS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Maintain the safety to the residents at all times.
• Administer medications as directed by the physician orders.
• Change dressings as directed by the physician orders and report all changes is wounds to RN Nurse Manager or Supervisor. Assure physician orders are updated.
Maintain the Daily 24-hour Report and submit to Supervisor as required.
• Direct CNA's in the completion of their duties.
• Assist CNA's to help meet the needs of the residents when available (i.e. toileting, call lights, etc.)
• Maintain a cohesive understanding with families/caregivers of the resident.
• Complete accident/incident reports as necessary and chart all reports involving residents.
• Report all complaints and grievances made by the resident to the appropriate source.
• Perform any other pertinent duties as assigned by my supervisor.