The Jewish Board 5586A | Social Work Supervisor (Licensed) in Staten Island, New York
Make a bigger difference
P POSITION OVERVIEW:
The Social Work Supervisor has full responsibility for the on-going clinical guidance of the clinical/case plplanner staff members. The Supervisor also provides on-going training and supervision to the clinical st staff. The Supervisor may be called upon to perform any of the line functions normally performed by a social worker/case planner and is expected to be fully proficient in those areas. The Supervisor is ilfamilar with all Preventive Service and Child Welfare Standards and functions as an internal resource o on such matters.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provides regularly scheduled weekly supervision to all clinical/case planning staff members.
- Evaluates appropriateness of service plans (FASPs) and approves these based upon an understanding of any safety/risk concerns in the family and the service needs of the children and parents.
- Facilitates weekly clinical case conference as well as Family Team Conferences
- Completes job performance evaluations and provides professional development support on a regular basis.
- May supervise student interns.
- Responsible for intake on new referrals.
- Provides frequent and appropriate feedback to program stakeholders including ACS Child Protection
- Understands ACS/OCFS electronic systems including PROMIS and CNNX
- Provides all necessary notes, progress notes, other paperwork as required by ACS and JBFCS including entering monthly supervisory notes in CNNX for CWS cases and in the case record for ADVPO cases .
- Cover for Director in his/her absence
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- LCSW preferred, LMSW with appropriate clinical experience.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- A minimum of three years of related experience in Child Welfare and/or Family Therapy.
- Specialized experience with specific client population or specialty (domestic violence, substance abuse, community outreach, etc.) is preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Required Education Master's Degree