Northwell Health Echocardiography Technician (Echo Tech)Reg in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 14327
Obtains two-dimensional cardiac images from patients through the use of high frequency sound. Transports echocardiogram equipment to patients' units to run tests. Performs other ancillary departmental duties.
- Accurately performs all echocardiograms as assigned.
- Assists in interpretation of echocardiograms as assigned.
- Maintains echocardiographic equipment and Echo Lab.
- Instructs new technicians in the use of all equipment and the clerical routine of the area.
- Controls the efficient flow of patients to the Echo Lab and return to floors.
- Compiles, maintains and reports echocardiographic records and statistical information per established policies and procedures.
- Reports to technical supervisor when supplies need to be ordered.
*Arranges echocardiographic work schedule appropriately under the direction of the Manager.
- Appropriately reviews the patient's chart for doctor's orders and patient's diagnosis and history.
- Establishes good rapport with patients, families and peer members.
- Efficiently operates echocardiograph equipment.
- Accurately records on VCR 2D echo images.
- Accurately records on VCR M-mode tracings.
- Records M-mode tracings on hard copy, either strip chart or printer and accurately measures all required information.
- Ability to do Echo Doppler testing.
- Keeps Supervisor/Manager informed of any problems in regard to test Requests and problems involving the medical staff.
- Maintains patient and physician confidentiality to assure that patient's rights are protected.
- Adheres to policies and procedures as outlined in departmental safety manuals, OSHA Hazcom Manual and Infection Control Manual.
- Participates on Quality Improvement teams as needed and adheres to customer service guidelines including telephone performance as established through the implementation of Total Quality Management.
- Adheres to SIUH dress code policies.
- Ability to work with co-workers and supervisors in a professional manner.
- Makes appointments and processes out patients when necessary
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Work requires frequent standing, bending, stooping, walking, and pushing equipment on wheels weighing as much as 500 lbs to various locations in the hospital
Occasionally lifts objects from 20 to 150 lbs
Frequently lifts, moves and positions patients of all weights.
Graduate of an accredited Echocardiology or Ultrasound Technology program, required. Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography, required.
Minimum of six (6) months experience, required.
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) with Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI), required.
- Northwell Health Jobs