Northwell Health Environmental Service Worker in Staten Island, New York
Req Number 65503
Performs cleaning duties as well as other tasks performed by the Environmental Services department. Adheres to NS-LIJHS/departmental policies and procedures and JCAHO/regulatory agency requirements.
- Demonstrates good judgment and organization skills when performing cleaning duties on units.
- Responsible for maintaining equipment, carts and closets daily.
- Cleans and services patient rooms, offices, lavatories, conference rooms, lounges, exam rooms, on-call rooms, clean and dirty utility rooms, showers daily.
- Trash removal, vacuuming carpets, dry mop and wet mop floors, high and low dusting of furniture, walls, ledges and fixtures.
- Refills paper towel, toilet paper, seat cover and soap dispensers daily.
- Knowledgeable of all environmental cleaning products (chemicals) and their proper usage (dilutions) as per manufacturer's recommendations.
- Notifies supervisor immediately of any injuries (accidents), safety issues or serious personnel situation.
- Responsible for cleaning, disinfecting of patient rooms upon discharge, as well as, cycle cleaning of isolation rooms as per department and infection control standards.
- Cleans operating rooms between cases, terminally clean OR rooms at end of day.
- Collects trash from dirty utility room and disposes of same.Removes all cardboard and disposes of same.Collects regulated waste and transports to storage trailer.
- Responsible for removal and hanging of cubicle curtains, when necessary.
- Must be flexible in assuming required assignments and able to show good judgment and initiative.
Performs related duties as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Ability to fill and dump 3 - 5 gallon pails filled with water (weighing up to 25 pounds)
Ability to move cleaning cart on wheels (filled with supplies - weighing up to 100 pounds)
Ability to step up on a safety stool 2 - 4 steps
Ability to lift hands over head to hang and take down cubicle curtains (weighing up to 20 pounds), wash ceilings, walls and high windows
Ability to move patient furniture
Requires continuous moving, lifting and bending (for 7 1/2 hour shifts)
Must be able to communicate face-to-face and by telephone.
High School Diploma or equivalent, preferred.
Environmental Services experience in a hospital, preferred.
Must possess effective communication skills.
*Additional Salary Detail
The salary range and/or hourly rate listed is a good faith determination of potential base compensation that may be offered to a successful applicant for this position at the time of this job advertisement and may be modified in the future.When determining a team member's base salary and/or rate, several factors may be considered as applicable (e.g., location, specialty, service line, years of relevant experience, education, credentials, negotiated contracts, budget and internal equity).
The salary range for this position is $21.02-$22.22/hour
It is Northwell Health’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all applicants and employees equally regardless of their age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, pregnancy, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
- Northwell Health Jobs