BioReference Laboratories Phlebotomy Supervisor (FT, 40 Hours) in STATEN ISLAND, New York
This is an exciting time to join our dynamic organization. OPKO Health is a diversified healthcare company that seeks to establish industry-leading positions in large, rapidly growing markets, including pharmaceuticals, diagnostics, and biologics. OPKO's diagnostics business includes BioReference Laboratories, the nation's third-largest and fastest growing clinical laboratory over the last 35 years, which provides diagnostic testing to physician offices, hospitals, and clinics, among others, and GeneDx, a rapidly growing genetics and genomics laboratory that applies cutting edge technologies to make efficient clinical diagnostic testing and interpretation available for individuals with rare and common genetic conditions. Come join our team and become part of something big, by making our patients and customers the highest priority.
We are looking for a Phlebotomy Supervisor (40 hours per week) in our Staten Island, NY location.
*Schedule: *Monday - Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm and some weekends
The Phlebotomy Supervisor evaluates, trains and schedules the day to day staffing of phlebotomist. Coordinate duties and assist with the interpretation and clarification of miscellaneous test.
1) Ability to coordinate phlebotomist's schedules through resourceful and creative thinking to accommodate clients' needs.
2) Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external clients including patients, sales, client service, logistics, senior management, etc.
3) Ability to understand all fundamental phlebotomy procedures and ensure that all phlebotomists are capable of following these procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and schedule the day to day staffing and emergency coverage
- Coordinate duties of phlebotomist. Assist with the interpretation of or clarification of miscellaneous test.
- Act as a main consultant when answering questions about unusual tests for customers
- Act as a liaison for troubleshooting problems.
- Conduct employees' orientation and training for phlebotomist.
- Ensures appropriate equipment and supply usage
- Assists in training of new employees
- Follow regulatory requirements, OSHA, and all departmental and company policies and procedures, including infection control and biohazard waste disposal.
- Follow all compliance procedures and policies.
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness of BioReference Laboratories, Inc. by performing nontechnical, educational and administrative duties.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a courteous and efficient manner, demonstrating positive customer service principles to clients at all times
- Review applications for new hires and recommend termination.
- Inform manager of any issues.
- Review employees' performance 6 times per year.
- Complete timesheets and justify all overtime hours.
- Perform other duties and job assignments as requested.
- High School Diploma, Degree a Plus
- 5+ years supervisory experience-managing 20+ employees during different shifts
- Experience with Cancer patients
- Proficient Computer skills
- Phlebotomy Certified
- Basic technical knowledge a plus
Some weekends and possible late evenings
Picking up and delivering equipment
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Req Number: BRL-21-8679
Location: STATEN ISLAND , NY 10301