Stony Brook Medicine (Stony Brook University Hospital) TH Instructional Support Assistant - Employee Pool Testing in Stony Brook, New York
Duties of a TH Instructional Support Assistant for Employee COVID Testing may include but are not limited to the following:
Coordinates the technical aspects of COVID oral swab testing (saliva testing) for staff and clinical faculty of Stony Brook Medicine.
Follow established protocols to combine saliva specimens for pool testing, including proper handling, labeling and maintenance.
Maintain accurate specimen information in database and properly label specimens. Crosscheck specimens to ensure that they are accurately positioned for testing.
Prepare tubes for loading into Hamilton robots for pooled testing of the employee specimens.
Deposit specimens following loading protocols.
Routine maintenance of Hamilton equipment.
Preparation of buffers for use in the Hamilton equipment.
Transfer, operate and monitor testing using the Quant studio operator.
Generate report of the results.
Maintain a clean and sanitized work station.
Properly dispose of materials as designated by the established protocols.
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in physical science including laboratory classes. Must be extremely organized, diligent and committed to strictly following all standard operating procedures. Basic computer skills.
Preferred Qualifications: 3 or more years of lab work experience.
Special Notes:Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview:This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days.An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
* Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment.Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
* All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
* This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
* This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date,the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
* Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
* Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
* Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
* Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
* Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Actacopy of our crime statistics can be viewed.
Visit ourpage to learn about thetotal rewardswe offer.
Official Job Title:TH Instructional Support Assistant
Job Field:Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location:US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area:COVID-19 Testing/ADNAS - Employee Surveillance Testing - Part Time 0.5 FTE-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule:Part-timeShift:VariableShift Hours:VariablePass Days:Variable
Posting Start Date:Apr 7, 2021
Posting End Date:Jul 7, 2021, 3:59:00 AM
Salary:Commensurate with experience
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.