The Salvation Army Lead Case Manager in Syracuse, New York
Lead Case Manager
Full-Time, Hourly/Non-Exempt, plus Benefits
Emergency Practical Assistance Services (E/PAS)
The Salvation Army, Syracuse Area Services
The Lead Case Manager acts as the assessor of eligibility of clients for housing related practical assistance services. They will provide individual and family case management, supportive counseling, advocacy, life skills education services and act as a referral source to other community and mainstream resources. The goal is to aid in securing and maintaining safe, affordable housing and a stable living situation for the individuals and families that we serve.
Essentia l Core Duties:
• Provide support, advocacy, and crisis intervention to individuals and families.• Conduct intakes for clients referred to the program.• Devise and implement individualized service plans and intervention strategies targeting all aspects of the individual/family system while utilizing client input.• Identify needs not met by the Program and advocate on client’s behalf, connecting clients to community and mainstream resources as appropriate.
• Coordinate services with other service providers to provide housing assistance in a timely and efficient manner.• Assist clients in accessing mainstream resources necessary and/or increasing income to stabilize their housing and building appropriate budgets to minimize risk of homelessness. (This may include transporting clients/families as needed).• Provide Life Skills training (individual and group sessions) to assist clients with self-sufficiency.• Conduct housing inspections, ensuring that safe, affordable housing is obtained for clients in the program. Verify tenancy with landlords initially and on an ongoing basis as needed.• Conduct regular home visits.• Ensure that client service information and financial paperwork is accurately completed and recorded in a timely manner. Enter all client information into HMIS and conduct quarterly reviews of client’s progress.• Actively participate in case conferences, staff meetings, service coordination meetings, supervision, professional and in-service training sessions.• All other duties as requested/assigned by Director, including but not limited to: coverage for other programs within E/PAS and representing The Salvation Army in a professional manner in the community and professional groups as assigned.
Lead Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Program Director with reviewing program files for quality and accuracy. • Assist Program Director with training of new employees in E/PAS programs. • Monitor and update tracking sheets for E/PAS program rental and utility payments. • Run monthly HMIS Reports to check for errors and timeliness of entries. Follow up with Case Managers to ensure corrections have been made. • Establish good working relationships with community landlords to explain E/PAS programs. Create a monthly apartment vacancy list to assist E/PAS programs with obtaining permanent housing for clients. • Attend monthly and quarterly meetings for HMIS Data Admin, Coordinated Entry, Community Partner meetings and others. Be proficient in talking about Salvation Army programs during these meetings
Qualifications: Applicants with the equivalent of education and experience will be considered.
• Associates Degree, Two-Year College or Technical School
• Bachelor's Degree, in Human Services preferred.
Work, Volunteer and/or Internship Experience:
• Three to Five years of related experience, preferred
• Proficient using MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, Power Point.• Willingness to work a flexible work schedule and maintain according to individual client needs including late afternoon/evening hours as needed.• Must have strong time management skills and have the ability to work independently.• Valid NYS Drivers License that meets The Salvation Army insurance requirements.• Access to private transportation during work hours.
Equal Opportunity Employer:The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a respectful environment for all applicants and employees that is
free from unlawful discrimination or harassment based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, disability, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity,gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job ID 2021-8923
Category Social Services
Type Regular Full-Time