AccessCNY Outreach Specialist in Syracuse, New York
Come Join the AccessCNY Team
Start Your Career Today!
Enhance independence and facilitate care of persons with disabilities, enabling them to maintain their integration in their home and community.
· Adhere to ethical principals including the Agency’s Mission Statement and the Standards of Conduct
· Provide information, advocacy and referral services by consulting with individuals, families, professionals and programs as well as doing any related research
· Make home and collateral visits to individuals with disabilities and their families to provide information, support and assist with acquisition of appropriate services
· Assist supervisor in determining program requirements. Communicate changes prior to implementation
· Assist families and Individuals through the eligibility process through OPWDD
· Recognize, encourage and support opportunities that promote natural connections within each participant’s community
· Research and assist in securing funding for individuals needs
· Initiate and maintain ongoing communication with participants and key people integral to achieving goals and providing services
· Work with supervisor and co-workers to meet program needs
· Attend Agency and community meetings as needed
· Participate in Agency work groups for quality improvement, fund raising and/or strategic planning
· Keep written and verbal information shared with team members regarding participants confidential
· Work with other service providers within the community in a professional manner
· Complete documentation based on program requirements, following established guidelines and time frames
· Utilize pro-active approach to avert crisis situations
· Review monthly financial printouts and work with supervisor to modify budget and/or expenses as needed
· Document performance concerns and follow up with disciplinary action if necessary
· Independently and accurately monitor budgets associated with program
· Research community resources and provide linkage to increase inclusion within the participant’s community
· Foster independence and autonomy
- Performs other duties as assigned
Scope of Responsibility:
With minimal supervision following Agency policy and procedure, professional standards and applicable regulations, uses own experience and judgment to insure development and implementation of program services. Contact with public is moderate.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree, Human Service field is preferred, plus one year of experience working with people with disabilities, or Associates degree in Human Service field plus two years experience with people with disabilities preferred. Minimum three years working with people with disabilities, with High School Diploma or GED, may be substituted for education. Basic word processing and email skills required.
Conditions of Employment:
Must have a valid NYS driver license in accordance with the Agency Vehicle and Driving policy. Must have own transportation, must be able to travel and have a flexible schedule to accommodate program needs. Must participate and meet established requirements in a database check through the Division of Criminal Justice Services as defined by the State of New York, Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities, Chapter 575 of the Laws of 2004. Must participate in successful database checks through the State Central Registry of Child Abuse and Maltreatment. Must participate in successful database checks through the HHS Office of Inspector General, Excluded Parties List System, New York Office of Medicaid Inspector General and Specially Designated Nationals.
Benefits are offered to employees working 30+ hours per week.
Employee Referral Bonus Program
Vision & Dental Insurance
Health Reimbursement Plan
401K - With Employer Match
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Flexible Spending Account
$10,000 Life Insurance Policy
Optional Life Insurance
Optional AFLAC Insurance
Long Term Disability
Employee Pre-School DiscountEqual Opportunity Employer