The Jewish Board LMHC Social Worker (PROS) in The Bronx, New York
Bronx PROS located on 1526 Grand Concourse offers recovery-oriented and rehabilitation services for individuals 18 years and older who are living with mental illness. Participants develop personalized recovery plans to realize life role goals and integrate into the community. The program utilizes evidence-based practices, person-centered individual and group services, and optional vocational and clinical services to assist participants in achieving their goals.
The Social Worker will provide culturally competent and sensitive clinical care in an OMH licensed outpatient PROS Program. This program treats individuals across the developmental spectrum who presents with behavioral health issues. Interventions include, but are not limited to, evaluations; individual, group and/or family therapy; case management; and crisis interventions
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
- Participate in the continuing interdisciplinary evaluation of individual clients for the purpose of beginning, monitoring and providing culturally competent therapy to clients.
- Individualize and understand the needs of the client and the client's family or support network in relation to each other.
- Identify appropriate treatment or service providers and facilitate client referrals to internal and external and/or linkage program.
- Perform individual or group psychotherapy; long or short term depending on client's need and diagnosis.
- Establish client goals and assess the client's success in meeting those goals. To continue changes or recommend changes in treatment strategy depending on ongoing client assessment.
- May run specialized groups.
- Provides all necessary notes, progress notes, written assessments and other paperwork as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE (List additional functions needed to reach goals):
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
- Master's degree in Social Work, (MSW) and an LMSW required, with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience with similar population
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals):
- Spanish language required.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED (List the computer skills needed):
VISUAL AND MANUAL DEXIERITY:
- The candidate should be able to read documents for analytical purposes such as computer information, software, computer graphic design programs, etc.
- Limited applications of manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT
- The work environment involves no physical risk or hazardous conditions.
- To perform the essential functions of this job, the candidate is routinely required to sit ( 90% of the time) and stand ( 10% of the time)