Volunteers of America-Greater New York, Inc. Maintenance Worker III-Super (CMW851) in The Bronx, New York
Maintenance Worker III-Super (CMW851)
The Bronx, NY, USA Req #1090
Monday, March 8, 2021
Volunteers of America-Greater New York (VOA-Greater New York) is the local affiliate of the national organization, Volunteers of America, Inc. and is one of the largest providers of human services in the metropolitan New York area. Founded in New York City in 1896 as a charity staffed by volunteers tending to the city's poor, today VOA-Greater New York has 1,300 paid staff that provide life-changing, often life-saving services through 80 programs in New York City, Westchester County and Northern New Jersey.
VOA-Greater New York services extend to survivors of domestic violence; individuals and families - including veterans - experiencing, or at risk of homelessness; people living with HIV/ AIDS, behavioral health, and substance use issues; adults with developmental and intellectual disabilities; preschoolers with developmental delays; older adults on limited incomes, many with a history of homelessness; and at-risk youth.
VOA-Greater New York expands, and introduces new services in response to community needs. As such, it is at the forefront of building affordable, supportive housing for seniors; providing a service-rich continuum of care for formerly homeless veterans; and expanding its services for those recovering from domestic violence. Battle Buddy Bridge®, a peer counseling program for veterans, and the work VOA-Greater New York is doing to raise awareness of the impact of Moral Injury, are examples of the organization's responsiveness, creativity and life-altering work.
Many of VOA-Greater New York's programs are nationally recognized and meet the rigorous standards of accrediting bodies CARF, COA and the NAEYC. Operation Backpack® is the organization's signature community service campaign that ensures every student who calls a NYC shelter "home" has a new backpack full of supplies in time for the first day of school.
The Maintenance Worker III is responsible for the overall maintenance of the facility. This role must be available for emergencies.
High School Diploma and three years related experience in building maintenance with one year of supervisory experience; or satisfactory combination of related experience and specialized education or training. Basic computer skills.
• S-12: City Wide Sprinkler Systems / S-11 Residential Sprinkler Systems
• S-13: City Wide Standpipe Systems
• S-95: Supervision of Fire Alarm Systems and other related systems
• P-98: Fuel-oil Piping and Storage Systems
• F-80: Coordinator of Fire Safety and Alarm Systems in Homeless Shelters
This position does have supervisory responsibilities
The below enumerated principal responsibilities are inclusive of both program specific and firm-wide related administration, as applicable.
1. Recruit, train and supervise maintenance staff.
2. Prepare and carry out a preventative maintenance plan which includes all fire safety, OSHA and other
3. Manage work orders.
4. Track property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchases in computerized
5. Respond to emergency calls outside regular work hours.
6. Assist in preparation of capital budget.
7. Ensure all Regulatory inspections are performed on time and filed.
8. Perform other duties that may be assigned.
Expected Results of Principal Responsibilities:
1. A full complement of well-trained maintenance staff is available.
2. Building is maintained in a safe manner, meeting all regulatory requirements.
3. Work orders are completed in a timely manner.
4. Computerized tracking of property maintenance, work orders, inventory, and purchasing is accurate and
5. Calls are responded to promptly.
6. Capital budget reflects long range maintenance needs of the facility.
7. Inspections are performed timely and accurately.
8. Related tasks are performed accurately and on time.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee will be in a residential housing shelter environment. Activities occur inside and outside.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items up to 50 pounds.
This is a full - time position.
Make a living by making a difference. Apply online today! Volunteers of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled/Other Protected Categories.
- Job Family Senior Maintenance Technician
- Pay Type Salary
- Job Start Date Monday, March 8, 2021
- The Bronx, NY, USA