Central Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired Production Coordinator in Utica, New York
Production Coordinator. Full time for the Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired in Utica, NY. This position will be responsible for inspecting all assigned product lines, raw and finished which are received, produced, and shipped and assures the best product quality for customer satisfaction. Assist with production and employee related activities.
KEY JOB ELEMENTS
* Monitor quality for all assigned product lines, this will include all incoming raw and outgoing finished items. Product will be checked by visual inspections, measurements, sample cuts, thread counts and weights, along with any other acceptable quality standards as directed.
* Create material requests for assigned product lines to ensure availability of raw material. Order all supply, tools, and/or parts for assigned production line. Create work order requests, as needed.
* Assist the Quality Assurance Administrator in investigations and remediation when defective product is found.
* Supervise assigned department(s) to ensure production requirements are met. * Work closely with Production Manager. Backup to group leaders during their absences and assist in production in all CI departments.
* Conduct ongoing inventory on assigned projects. * Train new employees and supports them in reaching their maximum productivity level and instruct established employees on new products. Reinforce work ethic. * Record employee production data. *Maintain cleanliness and organization on the work floor. * Order raw material, as needed, to run assigned departments. * Advise group leaders when final inspection decisions are necessary. * Adapts to change and completes other duties as assigned by supervisor. * Consistently achieves annual performance objectives.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS Must be skillful in presenting information and responding to questions from employees, vendors and customers. Must be able to write accurate reports. Must have good listening skills and ability to effectively communicate as a trainer. Must be able to work well with a wide variety of personalities.
COMPUTER/TECHNICAL SKILLS Must have good computer skills. Knowledge of industrial sewing machines and the ability to read patterns and specifications a plus. Must be willing to learn new technology.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS Frequently required to stand and walk. Frequently required to speak and hear. Regularly required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or crawl. Vision abilities include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Routinely must lift or move up to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key job elements
WORK ENVIRONMENT In house position. Noise level is moderate to loud. Must be available for evening or weekends.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE Associate Degree preferred, High school diploma required. Experience with working and training people with disabilities is helpful. Previous experience leading teams preferred.
CABVI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Qualified applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or any other legally protected status.