Archcare Registered Nurse - Home Care in Valhalla, New York
ArchCare at Home is a certified nonprofit home health agency that delivers the highest quality care to patients of all faiths in the comfort of their own homes. Our service area includes the five boroughs of New York City and the Hudson Valley.
The Fee For Service Case Manager - RN provides skilled nursing care to individuals and families primarily in the home setting, utilizing all elements of the nursing process and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and agency policies.
Essential Functions Carries out the agency's mission, philosophy, goals and objectives within guidelines of Agency policy and position function.
• Interprets and implements the Agency's philosophy to staff and members of the community.
• Assumes responsibility for assignments given, seeks supervision appropriately, and is accountable for his/her actions by performing within the limits of his/her education and experience.
• Knows and conforms to the law governing the practice of professional nursing and provides professional nursing care using all elements of the nursing process.
• Assesses and evaluates the health care needs of patients and families with consideration regarding physiological, psychological, social and environmental factors.
• Identifies complete, accurate and logical OASIS data and appropriate sequencing of diagnoses.
• Develops a care plan based on patient needs, physician orders, nursing assessment parameters and identified goals that are respectful of patient, family, community and agency resources.
• Implements the care plan and revises it whenever necessary by regularly assessing, observing, and evaluating the patients condition, needs and response to care and makes appropriate nursing judgments and decisions for care plan revision.
• Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques.
• Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician and performs nursing procedures and techniques.
• Teaches the patient and family/caregivers self techniques whenever appropriate and provides instruction regarding medication, diet, safety and treatment modalities in accordance with the plan of care.
• Recognizes and utilizes additional opportunities for health counseling/education with patients, families and other caregivers and provides them with information that will facilitate decisions regarding the promotion, maintenance and restoration of health.
• Delegates responsibility appropriately, and supervises ancillary personnel in a manner that will assure quality care and compliance with the care plan.
• Evaluates for and promotes a safe environment for the patient and complies with JCAHO National Patient Safety Goals.
• Completes, maintains and submits all required documentation that is timely, accurate and relevant.
• Meet requirements for OASIS lock dates, re-certifications and discharge timeline.
• Communicates with other health care professionals both internal and external to the organization in a manner that assures care plan coordination as well as continuity of care.
• Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development; maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance/participation in continuing and in-service education programs.
• Meets Agency productivity guidelines.
• As requested by supervision, participates in and assists with staff and student orientation and development; participates in internal and external committee activities; and represents the agency in the community.
• Participates in performance improvement activities, as required.
• Participates in evaluating overall position performance, goal setting and achievement, and performance improvement plan.
• Graduation from an NLN accredited school of nursing
• BSN preferred
• A minimum of one year general nursing experience with current home health, medical surgical or critical care experience.
• A current New York State License to practice as a Registered Nurse.
• Current Drivers License, required insurance and car available for work as required.
• Possess and maintain good physical stamina and mental health, including satisfactory health clearance as required by NYS regulations and Agency policy.
• Good organizational, observation, communication and judgment skills.
• Is self directed with ability to work with supervision.
• Is flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligations
Education & Experience
Formal Education: Associate Degree or certification equivalentExperience : 1 yearLicense, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
Minimum Knowledge: Requires advanced knowledge of a specialized or technical field or a thorough knowledge of the practices and techniques of a professional field.
Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
If you are an experienced Case Manager RN interested in this Fee For Service opportunity with ArchCare, apply today.
Work Days Per Week: 5
Shift Start Time: 8:30 a.m.
Shift End Time: 4:30 p.m.
External Company URL: http://www.archcare.org/