Northwell Health Second Cook/Short Order in Valley Stream, New York
Req Number 22355
Prepares food items according to standard recipes. Portions food products according to portion control guidelines. Ensures product presentation acceptability. Monitors food usage.
- Prepares food items according to standardized recipes.
- Serves and prepares food items and prepares short order items.
- Ensures acceptability of product presentation based upon established Quality management procedures.
- Portions food products according to established portion control guidelines.
- Monitors food usage and anticipates 'run outs' during the meal services.
- Keeps Chef informed of food usage trends and selections.
- Cleans respective work area.Maintains a high standard of sanitary practices in food preparation.
- Adheres to NSLIJSH Food Service policies and procedures and Joint Commission and DOH regulatory agency requirements.
Performs related duties, as required
*ADA Essential Functions
High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Graduate of a vocational high school (major in food preparation), preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years related experience including three (3) years as a Special Order Cook to ensure an excellent working knowledge of cooking and food preparation equipment.
Ability to communicate effectively and follow instructions.
- Northwell Health Jobs