Arcadis USInc Entry-Level Water Engineer - White Plains, NY in White Plains, New York
Arcadis is currently searching for Water Engineers to support and grow our team in White Plains, NY
At Arcadis, improving quality of life is our passion and it is through our passion, our people, and the work we do with our clients that we are shaping the future of our world, every day.
We are looking for dedicated, creative, and energetic candidates interested in tackling challenges and developing sustainable solutions to address related issues like water quality, , resilience, facility capital planning, and process/mechanical design. Collaborating with our experienced water professionals, you will support and drive the development of projects, interact, and work with clients, and develop your technical capabilities.
Arcadis provides multiple development programs created for our young professionals that support professional growth and help drive creativeness, innovation, and greater integration within our local, national, and global teams.
What skills/ attributes do you need?
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and work ethic
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated and team-oriented, with the ability to work successfully both independently and within a team
- Ability to work productively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Flexible attitude towards assignments, with the initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly.
- Interested in a combination of office work, field assignments, and travel
- K nowledge of engineering concepts, theories, and practices related to water/wastewater/stormwater.
What will you do?
- Evaluate, plan, design and support management of projects for water/wastewater/ stormwater treatment and conveyance (pipelines and pumping facilities)
- Support project management efforts, such as managing project scopes, budgets, and client deliverables
- Perform fieldwork activities such as site visits, construction inspection, sampling, water quality analyses, asset inventory, flow monitoring set-up and monitoring, technology evaluations, and plant operations information, process troubleshooting and optimization
- Support Asset Management projects performing data analytics, operational and organizational assessments, condition assessments and overall performance evaluations of water/wastewater/stormwater facilities
- Preparation of reports, presentations, and other audio-visual materials, and participate in client meetings
- Facilitate coordination for timely completion and submission of projects on time and budget
- Use digital tools to enhance customer experience, team and client collaboration, and project delivery including configuration and deployment of SharePoint, Building Information Modeling (BIM), Power BI, and Augmented Reality
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering (or a closely related engineering discipline).
- Ability to obtain EIT within one year of hire
- Prior work/internship experience at a design or consulting engineering firm or municipal work environment.
- Experience with data management software, ArcGIS, and/or AutoCAD
- EIT certification
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27, 000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Water is the world's most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies, collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life today.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity