Arcadis USInc Senior Electrical Engineer in White Plains, New York
Arcadis is actively seeking an Senior Electrical Engineer with 10 years
experience, to join our Water Business Practice team in the New York
This is an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer, with
consulting engineering experience, to join our team and be involved in a
variety of electrical engineering tasks for Municipal and Industrial
water / wastewater projects; such as those regarding design, analysis,
and layout of substations, power distribution systems, standby power
systems, lighting systems, data communications, equipment relay logic,
and instrumentation and controls systems, with support from one of the
best-qualified consulting firms in the country and a strong nationally
recognized technical staff. The Electrical Engineer will initially
report to a Electrical Department Manager.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Support projects and clients in the planning, design and
construction of water/wastewater facilities and other similar
industrial facilities, serving as Arcadis' main point of contact
with our clients for their electrical needs.
- Developing project proposals for new and existing clients in the
water/wastewater industry and similar type industries.
- Development of project management skills including support in
managing budgets and delivery schedules for each assignment; for
project/task scope schedule and budget.
- Electrical design and coordination of various projects with an
emphasis on power distribution, lighting, communications, fire alarm
systems, and control systems for new water/wastewater, and
- Coordinate with Project Managers, Architects, Civil,
Process-Mechanical, HVAC, Plumbing, I& C/SCADA, Structural engineers
to plan and design electrical systems for new or modified
- Design work will require a basic proficiency with CAD Programs
(Autodesk Products, Bentley Products, etc.) specifically concerning
as mentioned electrical systems for Engineering Design and
- Establishing design criteria, performing design calculations,
developing one-line diagrams, control schematics, plans and
- Performing engineering services during construction, including
reviewing equipment submittals, shop drawings and responding to
contractor RFI's (request for information).
- Conducting field inspections, overseeing projects in construction
which includes identifying deviations from design, performing
general QA/QC of completed work, and monitoring safety compliance.
- Performing system analysis using ETAP, SKM Power Tools or other
power systems analysis software.
- Travel as required to support project needs.
- Basic knowledge and experience using autocad mep (2d and 3d) and/or
- Demonstrated working knowledge of skm power tools, short circuit
calculations, overcurrent coordination, and/or arc flash analysis,
and photometric study (visual 3d or dialux).
- Experience with sel, ge multilin, or similar relays.
- Solid working knowledge of the National Electrical Code
- Willingness and desire to mentor junior/staff electrical engineers.
- Excellent customer/client service skills.
- Excellent, clear and concise, verbal and written communication and
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams effectively to
complete projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to assist in selling and marketing electrical work to
existing and new clients.
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and activities to meet
- Minimum of (10) years of experience of consulting experience in
electrical engineering water/wastewater and industrial facility
- Registered Professional Engineer (pe).
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, electrical engineering
technology, a related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of (6) years demonstrated consulting experience in
water/wastewater and industrial facility electrical design.
- Experience with blue beam and bim360
- High voltage design experience
Why Choose Arcadis?
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and
built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our
clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes.
Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects,
from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta
to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan
and cleaner air in Los Angeles. Work alongside the industry's foremost
thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective,
real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27, 000 people in more than 70
countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every
challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the
power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the
Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way. Arcadis. Improving
quality of life.
Water is the world's most critical resource. At Arcadis, we work
tirelessly to help protect this natural resource, focusing on the entire
water cycle. From source to tap, managing rivers and coast zones, urban
and rural water supply, and issues related to climate change and rising
sea levels, our specialists, engineers and scientists help address all
of the challenges facing water. Using cutting-edge technologies,
collaborating to develop innovative solutions and tapping into global
learning development resources, we are uniquely positioned to provide
safe and secure water services that support the demand of a rapidly
changing world. Join our team to start improving quality of life
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women,
minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly
encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination
in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion,
national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran
status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with
disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity