AMETEK, Inc. Process Engineer - Mechanical in Woodstock, New York
Process Engineer - Mechanical
Job ID: 21127
Functional Area: Operations
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Hours of Work:
Location: US - New York - Woodstock
Division: AHV - Aerospace & Defense
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Travel Percentage: 0.00
Email a Friend Save SaveApply Now
Performs a wide range of duties to maintain and develop manufacturing operations documentation, tooling, and methods to efficiently meet quality and quantity requirements of a variety of mil-aero grade thermal management products.
• Daily duties include providing technical assistance to machine shop, paint shop, engineering and material control to eliminate unnecessary operations or clarify process instructions.
• Work closely with all levels in an advisory and instructional capacity on the use and setup of various machining equipment, tooling problems, and process/cost improvements.
• Ability to research and advise production on replacement equipment or upgrade production capabilities with new technology.
• Analyze and develop production processes, time standards, and equipment setups to maximize manufacturing efficiency, utilization and reduce costs.
• Ability to interpret and communicate highly technical drawings and translate into easy-to-follow manufacturing instructions to ensure the necessary control for product lines.
• Work with tool designer to develop new tooling, repair existing tooling, and investigate the improvement of existing tooling to continuously improve production support area capabilities and output.
• Design of lean manufacturing layouts and workspaces to maximize production output and efficiency.
• Participate and assist with manufacturing readiness on advanced projects related to new product releases by providing processes, equipment and tooling recommendations to support the manufacturing of prototypes and first-time builds.
• Collect, analyze and present data for the purchase of capital equipment, tooling improvements, and provide department continuous improvement recommendations to audiences at various levels of the company.
• Provide technical support and recommendations to both internal and external customer technical/quality teams regarding process improvements, non-conforming parts, defects, and repair/rework.
Required Education & Experience:
BS in Mechanical Engineering
Hands-on experience using machine shop tooling: lathes, 5-axis machines, CNC machines,
Hands-on approach to problem solving on the production floor
General knowledge of mechanical assembly
General knowledge of machine shop operations and practices.
General knowledge of tool and fixture design
General knowledge of welding
General knowledge of casting
General knowledge of MIL-SPEC paint
Good organizational skills, communication skills, work ethic, ability multi-task and work on a team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.