Scotts Miracle Gro Operator, Machine (Intermediate) in Yaphank, New York
Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our
culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities
and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in
providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and
contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need
grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps
us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a
platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change.
Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we
do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation
We're looking for a **Machine Operator** to combine raw materials to
produce finished products in our mulch and soil manufacturing
**What you'll do in this role:**
- Operate a computer controlled production system for multiple raw
material ingredients that are processed in a mix room.
- Solve daily operations problems with limited supervision.
- Actively maintain good housekeeping standards in their assigned area
- Complete daily job checklists & equipment checks/calibrations to
- Maintain accurate records of raw materials, samples & equipment
- Operate a forklift to transport materials.
- Set up machines at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally
during the production procedures.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift.
- Feed information akin to speed, shapes and sizes through the machine
set up box.
- Place parts in semi-automated machines.
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift.
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift.
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running.
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation.
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy.
- Perform safety checks on every machine.
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing
periodic checks on output.
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all
**What you'll need to be successful:**
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of one plus years of production plant experience is
- Able to identify all materials used, detail oriented, follow safe
practices and procedures, ability to read English and or follow
- Able to work in a dusty environment, hot/cold/ rainy weather, lift
50 pounds, and be able to climb ladders and work on their feet for
the entire day.
- Willingness to work mandatory overtime including weekends and
**What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):**
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and
- Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350).
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per
- First day of hire, 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock
purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource
groups: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employee Network,
Scotts Veterans Network and GroPride Network, Scotts Young
- 13 SMG paid holiday days and generous vacation policy.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our
associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the
COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus
for all of us at Scotts. During this year's flu season and the
continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to
keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring our US
associates to get a flu vaccine. This safety measure will help protect
our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical
or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement
and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by
joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent networks.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept
unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the
absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to
submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro
company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or